Friday, January 26, 2007

Internet hell!

My husband and I decided to switch internet providers in an effort to minimize our monthly bills! While I am glad we are doing that I have to admit I get caught up in all the techno crap. But I figured okay, phone up the new company (there isn't many options in Canada) and get the info, book an appt (to hook up the new modem) and presto I am done. What I didn't bank on was everyone having an opinion. I tried to cancel the old provider and it turned into a plea for us to stay. He kept offering a lower price, more rebates a Amex with money to spend, so I started waffling. Maybe we shouldn't switch. Meanwhile the new modem was installed and the new company figured I was all theirs. So I decided to pit one against the other and see what the new company would say. Well, the not so polite woman mentioned something like "he's just throwing money at you, can't you understand that", yes duh!!! But I like having money, don't you? To which she replied "in the long run you will spend more in the 3 year contract and so it would be unwise and ofcourse the service is not as good....." Somewhere in there I almost dozed off. SO trying to be the savvy business woman I am I researched the two providers and compared and the new provider was better and right about the money. DAMN! I wanted to shop at Costco!! So I called to cancel the old one and got an earful until I finally said "well it's my money and my choice and if I'm a moron for switching it'll be my fault! SO dammit just cut off my services!" See I'm really in control in my world. At least I pretend to be.

Have a great weekend!

What's For Dinner? at 8:25 PM

2comments

2 Now We're Cookin!

at 12:50 PM Blogger Gingers Mom said...

You're a kook, babe. And I love ya. Glad you are back online. Miss you.

 
at 8:18 PM Blogger Gingers Mom said...

Hello? Gonna post again soon??

 

Post a Comment